Thursday, October 27, 2011

Getting Ready for some Halloween Treats

I will be making some cupcakes to take over to my granddaughter for her Halloween party this weekend. Decided it would be fun to make some Halloween Cupcake pics to decorate them.

Since I didn't have the cupcakes ready yet, I bunched up some
spider web material and set them in it to show them off.  LOL
I started out by making small paper medallions for each one in a variety of
Halloween patterned paper.

Here is a close up view.  I added stickles around the edges
on some of the paper medallions.
Michaels craft store had a pack of the these glittered
embellishments that were perfect for some of the centers.
I punched a piece of cardstock, added some stickles to the
edge and then used a glue dot to put on the embellishment.

To make the paper medallions into a cupcake pick,
I used extra long tooth picks, a punched out circle out of
cardstock and my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher to
staple the toothpick to the cardstock.
I then used hot glue to glue the cardstock piece to the back
of the paper medallion.

And waaaalah !  My very own custom made Cupcake Picks.
You could do something like this for any occassion.  It was so fun to
make these and didn't take much time. I made 24 (4) of each design.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails