Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Box I Made My Secret Swap Partner

I was so relieved yesterday when I got word from my Secret Swap Partner, GrannyAnne, that she LOVED the box I made for her.  I worked really hard to create something beautiful that she would enjoy sitting around her craft space or even in her bedroom for jewelry, etc.
                               We all started with this plain cardboard box from Cricut.com.
                    You could then alter it however you like to match the desires of your swap partner
                 who had filled out a little questionnaire about their wishes for box and scrap goodies.
                                                                        
Here is the top of the box I made.
I painted the box white, added layers of papers
that I had inked up.

Then added lots of pretty lacy flowers, pearls and doily for the top of this garden inspired box.
And to personalize it for GrannyAnn...I added a glittery "a"
Side view of the box.
More layered, inked papers were added and some pearls too.
I even added painted wooden feet to give it the feel of
a little jewelry box.
I also decorated the inside of the box
using more inked papers.
                                                  And of course, the inside of the lid too !

Note: I used ModPodge on the entire box to paste on the
papers and then to seal them. It gave the box a slightly shiny matte finish
that added to the overall loveliness of the box.

Then the box was stuffed full of goodies for GrannyAnne...

Flowers, journaling spots, buttons, twine, brads, paint daubers,
metal charms, labels, trims, ribbon, paper pad. Plus a little
birthday surprise since her special day is coming soon
that included a birthday stamp, bling, flowers and a rhinestone pin.
And of course, a little chocolate treat too!

Well GrannyAnne...so glad to have had you as a Secret Swap Partner. 
Can't wait to see what you make with all the goodies I crammed in your box !


1 comment:

Cheri said...

Fantastic!
She will luv this precious gift.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails