Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Fun Post It Note Holders

I made some fun post it note holders for a few gifts for friends recently.  They were so easy to make but a very useful gift too.  Wanted to share now since with Graduations, End of Year Teacher Gifts, Mother's Day and Father's Day coming up it might spark some creativity in you !

This is a 4X6 Acrylic photo frame I found at the craft store.
I cut a pretty piece of scrapbook paper to fit inside instead
of placing a photo. It also holds a post it note pad that I used
double sided tape on the back to make sure it held well.
And there is even a pen attached to the frame
for fast note taking.  I hate it when I can't find a pen, don't you?

I added the pen by using sticky backed Velcro
I cut into thin pieces to fit on the pen, then the opposite
side on the frame. Works great!.
To embellish the frame, made a Monogram
with the receivers initial using a
rhinestone sticker alpha on a punched
piece of cardstock, then layered on top
of some stacked flowers.

I also added some crinkle ribbon tied in a
bow to the top of the frame for some added pizzaz !
The front of the ribbon is on the outside of the frame but
the backside of the ribbon is actually placed inside
the back of the frame to help hold it in place.

Hope this easy project inspires you to come up with a cute, inexpensive but useful gift for
your upcoming gift giving occassions !


2 comments:

Becky Dunham said...

This is adorable Deb! I think I have a bunch of these acrylic frames somewhere in my hoard - going to find them and try this :) Thanks for sharing!

Nadia (WithGlitteringEyes.blogspot.com) said...

This is such a cute project-- love that "D" bling too to set it off!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails