Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Perfect Weekend

A Perfect Weekend...those don't come around too often.

Our weekend officially started Friday on a cold winter's night with homemade chili for dinner and cuddling up on the couch with my sweetie to watch the opening ceremony of the Olympics.We always enjoy watching the opening ceremonies and seeing all the various countries come together to showcase their aweseome atheletes.

After running some errands on Saturday, I came home to find some GORGEOUS WHITE ROSES from my dear hubby.  I don't recall ever receiving white roses before and these were perfect and smell wonderful too!


My hubby put a lot of creative thought and planned an unusal dinner out for us to celebrate Valentines Day.
We not only got to enjoy a delicious dinner, we also celebrated the Chinese New Year at a local Chinese restaurant, Kam's.  This Chinese New Year is the Year of the Tiger...which brings prosperity. 
We can all use more of that this year :)

Here is a pic of my dinner...Manchurian Birdsnest. It was so tasty and a gorgeous presentation too.

The restaurant had arranged to have a group of teenage Lion Dancers come entertain the diners
during our meal. It was soooo much fun !

The kids really got into the performance and all the diners seemed to enjoy all the colorful costumes and antics of the dancers.

  
Each "Lion" is made up of two kids.  Here one kid is balancing another to capture a red tag hanging from the ceiling.  Who ever captures the red tag is brought good luck in the new year.
No, my husband isn't just sticking his hand down Shen's shirt for kicks ! He is placing a dollar in the shirt to help bring him good fortune and prosperity during the new year.
Here I am feeding a dollar to the "Lion " so I have good fortune and prosperity during the year too.  It was funny to hear the voice inside the Lion give out a little "whoop and thank you" when he took the money.
The costumes of the lions were just amazing and colorful.  They were moving around so fast it was hard to get a clear picture but these captured some of the detail.

And I couldn't resist taking a picture of the gorgeous red lanterns hung all around the restaurant.  So lovely.
It was a wonderful evening.

Today is Valentines Day....my hubby surprised me with another dozen roses, this time in Red!  How great is that?  I know how lucky I am to have such a thoughtful man in my life.  

I promise I am not bragging but he also made my favorite sour dough blueberry pancakes for breakfast.  YUM !  I got to pick a movie for us to go see today...and I chose "Percy Jackson and The Olympians" movie...it was cute and entertaining. The rest of the day has been spent relaxing and watching more Olympics in our PJ's and just canoodling on the couch.  See, I told you....A Perfect Weekend !

Wishing all of you a very Happy Valentines Day and a Happy Chinese New Year too.  Now I am off to eat  some chocolate covered strawberries for dessert....yummmmmmmOH!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails