Monday, February 8, 2010

Kisses, Hugs, Love, Hearts....Oh My !

Like the rest of the scrappy world right now, I am loving creating banners to display in my home. And of course I couldn't resist creating one for Valentines Day.  INSPIRE the people in your life to stop and enjoy the day of LOVE on February 14th !      (Click on the pics to see close up)


Had fun with these acrylic butterflies from K& Co.
Loved folding them to make them POP OFF the Jenni Bowlin BINGO CARD
I seriously HEART chandeliers and isn't that felt cupid adorable ? I glimmer misted the doily hearts...
wish you could see how they shine better in the pics.
Yes, that really is a dangling, sparklie HEART hanging from the bottom of this banner piece! 
And yes, that really is an old Lil Davis Valentine Embellishment I have been saving in my stash for a special occassion and this was it !  {I really loved that company and was sorry to see them go out of business.} Hope you noticed I added a few pieces of the Valentine Treat bags to accent this embellishment.
I have also been saving my very last PINK Heidi Swapp mirror bird for just the right project. 
Loved how it added a special touch to this banner piece.
I have had this old Valentine postcard in my stash for a while as well. 
So glad the cute Valentine girl found a special place to be enjoyed year after year.
 Those awesome felt roses were found at Hobby Lobby recently.
I added some Pearl Glimmer Mist to help those roses shine!
 
More K&Co. acrylic pieces shaped and pop dotted to add dimension.
My Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher was perfect to adhering these to the cards.

The base of the banner is is made from large foam hearts I found at Michaels for $1 each.  They already had the glitter around the edges and were just begging to be made into a banner. The adorable rag material banner was also bought at M's this season.  

I used a Martha Stewart punch to make the white lace border on each.  The red ric rac is actually foam that is glittered that I bought at my LSS.  How awesome is that ?  I bought it in every color they had it in.  I cut it in half to make it look like a cute scallop on the bottom of each BINGO card. 

This went together pretty quick and I love how it looks....alll that PINK, RED and WHITE really makes it feel like Valentines Day at our house.  Not too fussy...just the right amount of LOVE shown.

Do you have a special item that you put up at your house that shows your Valentine some LOVE?

6 comments:

Connie K. said...

Deb..Love your banner..so many cute elements/treasures..I really enjoy seeign what you come up with! Fabulous...

Nancy Wyatt said...

Hi Debbie! So glad to meet you and it's so cool that I am meeting a few folks from my own city!! Love your work and yes we need to get together some time! Hugs from the outskirts of town ;)

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb...just wanted to thank you for your comment...I love hearing from creative people...

you should start keeping a journal...fill it with words, doodles, grocery lists...drawings...scraping ideas...you'll find you will really enjoy it! trust me!

I'll follow you honey!
come back and see me....
ciao bella

Tracy said...

This is so full of treasures.

Love it.

sandalloons40 said...

wow, deb love your banner. so darn cute since my most fav color is RED!
happy Valentine's day!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous banner! Love the different shapes... great embellishments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails