Saturday, December 24, 2011

Day One Count Down

Christmas Eve...Only one more sleep...with visions of sugar plums dancing in our heads until Santa drops in !

When I was a child, I saw a movie where Santa uses a "magic key" that lets him into everyone's front door when he stops by to deliver gifts on Christmas eve.  Living in the south, with very few homes with Santa's traditional depicted fireplace access, this was a great way to explain how Santa could enter our home.  I continued the story when my own children questioned how Santa got in our house with out a fireplace and now share that same story with my granddaughter. 

It's important to have traditions that you share with your family.  This is one of many that we have....another is decorating a Gingerbread House and yet another is driving around to see Christmas Lights while listening to Christmas tunes and eating candy canes. 

This year, I hope you are able to share your traditons with those you love.

I wanted to show you a new Santa tradition I started a couple of years ago...by collecting and displaying some beautiful silver and gold Santas. 



I love how the light catches their metallic glimmer and adds elegance to our dining room.

Enjoy your Christmas Eve...I have my side of the family coming over tonight for Christmas Eve dinner and gift exchance.  I can hardly wait to see everyone and share Christmas with them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails