Saturday, December 10, 2011

2011 Christmas Banner

I LOVE making banners to display in my home.  In the past few years I have made Birthday Banners, Easter Banners, Halloween Banners, Thanksgiving Banners....it was finally time to tackle the all important Christmas Banner ! 

I collect Santas...not just a few, at last count I had about 200 that I display in various rooms of my home and my Christmas tree is decorated with about 300 plus santa ornaments.  So to say I like Santas is an understatement!  So I naturally gravitated towards making a Christmas Banner featuring Santa.

Each banner piece was made from a shaped piece of heavy cardstock, covered with patterned paper with a crepe paper border and then decorated with lots of Christmas embellishment treastures. On three of the pieces I attached the glittered letters Ho...when hung up, it now says HO HO HO !

Without further ado....here is my Christmas Banner, piece by piece.

When I was little I asked Santa one year, " please define good?
Ha, Ha.  I Found this metal piece that had that on it and just had to put it on my banner.
Close Up  of this first piece.  I added chipboard shapes and
added stickles to give them sparkle!
On this banner piece the Merry Christmas is suspended above
the background to give it a lot of dimension !
My favorite banner piece is this one!
I found the perfect vintage Santa paper for the background. 
For the 25 I used silver german glass glitter to cover the chipboard,
it looks amazing up close.  I used some vintage tinsel around the edges
 of the crepe paper.  I added more to the HO piece here...a glittered Believe,
a Santa and a red sleigh bell !

Again on this piece, I suspended the Joy over the
banner piece.

This piece is a tribute to Christmas Carols. I used
Joy to the World music paper as background.
And added titles from some of my favorite christmas songs. 
Deck the Halls, Jingle Bells, O Christmas Tree,  etc.

Close up of this piece.  All the images are added on and popped up
for added dimension. And of course, more glitter !!

And here is the banner all strung up on a red and green tinsel garland.

Sorry the picture isn't so great but you get the idea of how it looks now all hung up !

2 comments:

papillon digital design said...

Wow! Love the banner. Love all the details in it.Awesome project. Thanks for posting your link in TheBugBytes blog

Carolyn/MamaC said...

What a wonderful banner! The details are fantastic!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails