Friday, March 19, 2010

More Spring Projects to Share

I promised in my last post to show you the other two projects I made using the Martha Stewart Crafts Scoring Board. 

The first is a Spring Paper Medallion...It was so easy to get even scores using the score board to then fold to create the total medallion shape.
Once I scored the 12X2 1/2 piece of patterned paper, I then accordian folded it.  I made two of these.

After I made the two accordian folded pieces, I then manipulated the paper until it formed a fan shape with each piece and then glued the two fans together to get the medallion shape.

After I made the lovely Spring Paper Medallion, I then used some circle punches for center pieces and a cute crocheted flower to the center. 

Tada.....now it is ready to hang or use as a gift package topper.  You could easily create very large medallions and then used them in banners to hang up in your house and decorate the fronts to your liking.  Don't be too shocked if you see me make my next banner using this technique !
     
The Martha Stewart Crafts Scoring Board not only includes instructions to make various size cards and envelops but also includes instructions to make your own Paper Gift Boxes.  That was sooo exciting, I decided to give it a try now that I had "made friends" with the scoring board.  Here is what I ended up making out of scrap paper I had laying around.....

It is a cute 4X4 Paper Gift Box with a lid that lifts off. You could put lots of small treasure in this box to give to someone special.  And it was super-uber-easy to make in just a few minutes.  Seriously !  How fun would it be to use up more of your patterned paper and create adorable Paper Gift Boxes for your family and friends.  There are directions for making both smaller and larger boxes too that are included in the instructions. 

Oh, and I added one of those paper roses that are all the rage now using a large circle shape, cutting in a spiral and then wrapping the curly strip until it forms the flower.  I also made a couple of paper leaves to complete the look.

Hope these projects INSPIRE you to get a MSC Scoring Board and make some awesome projects of your own.

2 comments:

Olive Juice Studio said...

Hi Deb!

I LOVE your blog and I'm now following! I found you on the cricut boards blog hop thread!

NancyS (momsnack) said...

I love my MS scoring board, but mine didn't come with any instructions for the boxes - know where I could find them??

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails