Monday, February 28, 2011

February Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop

Welcome to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop !
We are so glad to have you hop along with all the participants and enjoy all the inspiration we have for you from the counterfeit kits we made this past month.

You should have arrived here from Denise's Blog . If you missed the beginning of the hop, please go back to Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog to start so you don't miss any of the projects.

This Blog Hop is specifically to showcase the Scraps of Darkness Sketch Challenge using our Counterfeit Challenge Kit we put together based on Scraps of Darkenss February Kit.

Here is my Sketch Challenge Layout
My February Kit was focused on Pink, Red, Gray, Cream and Black colors and
was inspired by Echo Parks new Be Mine paper line.

I cut out part of the Be Mine journal sheet for the heart just like in the Sketch Challenge since I happened to have the same pieces. I added various color of beautiful sparkly Prima flowers and a jeweled Jenni Bowlin Stick pen to finish off the cluster of embellishments on the bottom left of layout.  At the top left of the layout is a mirrored Bird from Heidi Swapp and Making Memories glittered chipboard swirls.

In the top right of my layout, I added the Faux Teresa Collins Blingage that I made for my kit.
And again,  cut out some of the Echo Park journal cards and layered together
 for this cluster of embellishments.

In the bottom right of my layout you will see a piece of Echo Park journaling strip that I stamped in red,
 then used one of the Faux Frames that I made for my kit.  Then I layered a small strip of Maya Roads gorgeous pink rose trim to complete the look.  I couldn't resist cutting from the bottom of the
Echo Park Be Mine paper strip the paper line emblem that normally would have been tossed
except it matched my layout theme too much to toss!   
 
I'd love it if you left a comment so I know you stopped by. Now head on over to Missues Wookie's Blog for more inspiration !

27 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

How fun to see the same pieces - and yep I've used those tear off pieces too when they just fit perfectly.

Nice to meet you on this hop :)

Jimjams said...

That is one luscious page - all ready for your photo - good job!

marianne said...

Gorgeous page! I love that you used the little Echo Park emblem. =)

Crystal said...

How fun! I love the way you tore the white paper from EP! Those flower are great and can you teach me how to cluster like you please?LOL!

Tricia said...

I love your faux blingage! I want to try that myself. This is a beautiful layout - very romantic.

Margie said...

Beautiful page, love your take on the sketch!

Kylie said...

Lovely page - I love that Be Mine collection. Heck, I love Echo Park. Great job!

Scrap Vamp said...

Very pretty page! Great color combo!

ms.schwiet said...

an amazing page...love your bird... I didn't care for the bird pictured in the sketch because it felt out of place to me, but your bird is perfect with this dark love paper theme

Mad for Paper said...

Beautiful! I love, love, love your handmade blingage. You may see something similar pop up on one of my projects in the near future.
TFS
Ang

Karen Williams said...

love the glittered elements
and the flowers
and the torn paper
It's all lovely

MamaD said...

Wow, GORGEOUS layout!!! So feminine and beautiful. I love all the little details

Susanne said...

What lucky photo will get to wear all that bling? TFS

furrypig said...

great page with so many amazing hnd made touches.

MiliPea Designs said...

What a gorgeous layout!

Angela said...

Oh wow, this one's a knockout! Great job with the sketch!

~Mar said...

Gorgeous page! I love the papers you used.

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Wow-you've captured the sketch exactly! What a great layout-great details! Thanks so much for sharing!

Angie's Paper Passion said...

Hey Debbie, I left a blog award for you over on my blog. Please come by to get it. Thanks, Angie

Counterfeit Kit Challenge said...

you ROCKED this sketch. I love all of the little details and embellishments! Great job :)
*meridy*

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Awesome job on the sketch!! It looks so much like the original, but with your own twist! Gorgeous!

A Creative Operation said...

The torn paper really gives it a beautiful texture. The pink, red and black are also super pretty together!

Truly Lori said...

Great job on the layout! Yours matches so perfectly with the sketch! How cool is that? Echo Park is such a fun paper company, and you did a great job using these products in your challenge layout. I especially like the "faux" TC bling!

LaurieM said...

I like how you had some of the same elements as in the sketch. A very pretty page for sure. Thanks for sharing.

CStrickler said...

I like how you used your echo park Be mine. Now I have ideas for how to use my pack.

Razzled Scrapper said...

Awesome layout. Your embellishments are outstanding. Wow!

Kim Strother said...

Wow you had the exact pieces in your kit! Awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails