Saturday, February 12, 2011

Add On Kit Yumminess !

Hi All - Sorry for the delay in posting my Add On Kit for the February Counterfeit Kit Challenege. It's been a rough week at our house.  To make a long story short...dad in hospital with collapsed lung (he's okay now, thank goodness), my car had to go to the auto repair shop unexpectedly (it's back finally) and then our refrigerator decided to up and die too (shopped for 2 days, got new one delivered today so back in business).  To say the least, with everything going on, I just plum forgot to do the Add On Kit Post.

So without further delay....
The Scraps Of Darkness Add On Kit
While their Add On Kit was lovely....it just didn't seem to have enough goodies in it for me !  LOL  So,
as I dug through my stash I just kept finding more and more perfect goodies for my Add On Kit.

 As you can see, I added a few more yummy Valentines themed items to my kit...more bling,Jenni Bowlin  buttons and chipboard pieces, vintage style Valentine Stickers, a few more luscious sets of Prima Flowers, adorable Maya Road Wood Bingo pieces plus some fabulous Maya Road flower trims in creme, pink and red and some lace.  For my paints in my kit I added the Tattered Angels Bubble Gum Glimmer Mist and Luminaire Magenta paint. 

Now in the original Add On Kit, there were some Teresa Collins Blingage Frames in silver...unfortunately I didn't have any of those yet :(   So I had to find a way to make some of my own frames to use.
Here is how I got sort of the same affect....

First, I unearthed some Tim Holtz Grungeboard element shapes that had frames on them and selected a few to use.

I then layered them on a paper towel and misted them with water slightly just to soften them up a little.

Then I placed the grungeboard pieces in a Tim Holtz Damask embossing folder and embossed with my Cuttlebug. The slight misting of them helps make the embossing show up in it better.  Tip I learned from Tim!

Once again I used some of my Ranger Dabber paint in Silver and covered both the front and back sides of the now embossed grungeboard.  And now I have some decorative frames to use in my February Counterfeit Challenge Kit.  I will probably use some rhinestone brads when I attach to my project.

Stay tuned for a few projects I am making with my February Counterfeit Kit Challenge.

1 comment:

Sue said...

I am passing along the Stylish Blogger Award to you! Visit http://dream67646.blogspot.com/2011/02/my-first-award.html to grab your award. Save and place on your blog. List 8 things about you and pick 8 stylish blogs to pass the award on just like I passed to you! Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails