Sunday, May 17, 2009

Miss Me?

Haven't had much time to post this past week. Had a big project at work that needed to be completed that kept me working round the clock. The little bit of time I had in the evenings I spent working on my charms for the Charm Swap for the Creative Escape Yahoo message board group. Just finished them up tonight...all 85 of them ! I will try to take a picture of them and post later this week.

Of course I have gone on a few bike rides on my new bike...still haven't thought of a name for her yet. Any ideas any one?

It is so wonderful to to be able to go on a bike ride with dh. We have ridden around the beautiful campus at Rice U. We also took a little trip through Old Braeswood Neighborhood this past Friday on our way to rent a movie. How fun is that? Riding your bike to the movie kiosk !

After sleeping in this morning (what a nice luxury-can't remember the last time we did that), we got up and went and saw the new Star Trek movie. LOVED IT !!! Had so much fun. Told DH we needed to go see it again on the big screen and then buy it when it came out on DVD....he agreed. If you haven't seen this movie, go see it. It has all the great elements of a good movie....touching scenes, great acting, humorous lines and incredible action scenes. What more could you want ? Seriously, I wouldn't consider myself a true Trekkie but I do recommend you go see this movie.

Gooooooooooooo ROCKETS !!!!! Just wanted to mention we will be rooting for the Houston Rockets to win the basketball game tomorrow afternoon. To make sure of that, we are getting together with friends, drinking beer and margaritas and eating fajitas while we cheer our team to victory!!!! Won't you join us in cheering them on :)

Okay, it's late, I am tired and starting to ramble. Hope everyone enjoys your Sunday as much as we will !

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Deb, I felt the SAME WAY about the movie. I wanted to see it immediately again. And the way I talk about it, I think people must think I'm a Trekkie.

Glad you got to ride the bike a few times. I too have been buried under my final project for school... just this last week and I should be able to breathe (and then I just have to do all the things I've been putting off to have the room to do the final project, lol). Knew it was a little quiet on your front too.

I have been working night and day on this thing, and just take a break at some point in the day or night for mental restoration. School for 3 years.. will be glad to be DONE!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails