Saturday, April 12, 2008

Finally - A Great Day All Around !

As you can tell from previous posts, my life has been a little hectic lately to say the least. I am glad to report that today was a really nice change of pace and I wanted to share with you all. Today started off earlier than usual since I had to drop hubby off at 6:00 am this morning so he could ride in the MS150 to Austin. So that meant getting up at 4:30 am...ugh, yes to those of you wondering-there really is a 4:30 am, I thought it was a myth ! LOL So while my day started off a little groggy I slowly warmed up to the idea of being up that early. It was really great to see all those dedicated bikers ready to ride to raise money for charity. I am so proud of my DH for doing this! Maybe one of these days I will work up the courage to ride myself....who am I kidding? All the training for the ride would cut into way too much scrap time :)

After getting back home I had about two hours before I had to be at A Scrap Affair to teach my first class at the store. So I had a leisurely breakfast thanks to Mickie D's and then I was off to the store. I had 3 amazingly talented ladies take the Eggstra Special Easter Mini Album class today - we had so much fun working on the project and sharing stories with each other. A few others want to buy kits of the class so that was nice to hear as well.

I spent the afternoon desigining and shopping for my Acrylic and Chipboard Circle Album that I am teaching in May. That was loads of fun -- I can hardly wait to get all the stuff in my hands to create the sample project. I promise to post some sneak peaks soon.

When I got back home, my Scarlet Lime kit was on the door step -- so jazzed about this months kit. Awesome cheerful colors and very fun embellies....I hope to work on something fun to post later this week.

To end my great day - my bff and I went and had Ritas and Tex Mex - just the two of us! That has not happened in a Veeeeeerrrrrry long time. Usually we are surrounded with hubbies and kids and other friends. It was so nice to have a night all to ourselves. Don't you just love your BF -- seriously, I don't think I would have made it this far in life with her!

Time to head off to bed, gotta get up early tomorrow and drive to Austin to pick up DH. Weather should be gorgeous and a nice day for a drive. Have a great day ...no matter where life takes you tomorrow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails