Monday, September 12, 2011

My Birthday Wish

Well my friends, it is that time of year again.  Yes, I am talking about my birthday week ! 

I am lucky enough to share my birthday week with a couple of my dear friends and we will be celebrating with lunches out this week, maybe a shopping trip or two and lots of laughs and fun !
Total girl time ....I could use some of that for sure. 

It's hard to believe another year has passed and once again it is time to reflect on what I want to wish for this birthday.

Even more than usual, I have a strong desire to make a plan to explore and learn new things,
to travel more ..both near and abroad,
and just in general enjoy and embrace life more than ever. 

Maybe it is because as I crest over the 50 year mark, you start to realize that day-to-day life hassles such as working, cleaning, cooking, childrearing, etc.  shouldn't be taken so seriously and that we are meant to experience life in a more soulful way.

So, my birthday wish for myself is to seek out things that feed my soul, that bring me joy, that expand my mind and touch my heart. 

And I guess it is time to start thinking of making a bucket list and knocking them off that list one at a time !

I promise to keep you posted as I focus on these birthday wishes this year.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Happy birthday and I hope you enjoyed your day.
As for the housework statement, I totally agree with you ;)
A bucket list is an excellent idea. Keep us posted with yours.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails