Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Adorable "little" Mistake

For being part of the Cricut Circle group, we get an exclusive Cricut cartridge every quarter.  This quarter we received "French Manor" which has gorgous french inspired images.  I have been meaning to use this cartridge all month but as I mentioned before, we have been a bit busy at our house this month.  Tonight I decided no more excuses...those dishes in the kitchen can wait....it was time to create a little project to show off the beautiful details of this cartridge.


 

I have to be honest...it didn't start out to be an adorable "little" card ...I kind of forgot to move the size dial larger. However, sometimes a mistake isn't really a mistake, it is an opportunity, right?
 
This little card is more index card size than a normal card might be. It was cut at 4 inches.  I did the base card layer with blue card stock, then cut the same base card cut again but in the yellow swiss dot. I then cut the bird cage OFF the yellow layer and then adhered the frame that was left of the yellow card base over the blue card base and adhered.  Next I cut just the bird cage in black cardstock and layered over the blue cage.
 
TIP:  The black layer cage needs to be cut 1/4 inch smaller than your card base so it fits better.  I cut this one at 3 3/4 inches so it fit over the blue card cage layer better. It left just a slight blue shadow around the edges which I think worked well with it.   

After all this layering, then you see a yellow swiss dot framed card, with a black cage with slight blue shadow and a blue bird. 

To make the blue bird stand out more, I used a blue glaze pen and covered it so it now slightly shiny.  And added a black eye with a black glaze pen.

To the black bird cage, I added mirrored studs using my new iRock tool.  Love that thing...it was the final perfect touch to the cage.

I backed the image with some Basic Grey paper I had in my stash to add a little more color. I then lightly inked around the edges of the card with Peeled Paint distress ink just to make it pop a little more.

I kinda like my little card....what do you think of it?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails