Here is the readers digest version of my past week:
- Sunday, November 29...10:30 pm hubby drives a whimpering in pain Debbie to the emergency room.
- Monday, November 30...1:30 am after many lab test and scans diagnosed with Pancreatosis....infection of pancreas with enzyme levels of 5,000 instead of a mere normal 100 range
- Monday, November 30...5:00 am admitted to St Lukes Hospital. Got to ride in an ambulance for the first time ever in my 50 years of life
- Monday, November 30 through Wednesday, December 2... LOTS of PAIN MEDS, NO Food, NO liquids, not even ice chips.... only saline IV. I didn't care. I just wanted to either sleep or die at this point it hurt so bad and was uncomfortable even with the meds.
- Thursday, December 3...Doc decided I was well enough to have Gall Bladder surgery today. Lucky me! I was asleep, I didn't care since they promised I would feel better afterwards.
- Friday, December 4...7:30 am woke up feeling a little bit better except for the 4 new holes in my stomach from the surgery. Did I forget to mention, more pain meds ?? My mind is a little foggy at this point. Oh....and it is suppose to SNOW in Houston today.
- Friday, December 4...9:30 am Doc says I can go home to recover...whoopee, it is started to SNOW and I get to go outside and see it in my drug induced state :)
- Friday, December 4...2:00 pm Hubby picks up his drowsy wife from the hospital and drives home in the SNOW. He assures wife it is really snowing and she is not imagining it.
- Saturday, December 5....took meds, slept, took more meds, slept...oh, I got to eat something too :) slept some more.
- Sunday, December 5...feel a little better today, stomach is sore, I am soooo tired but happy to have made it through the past week. Some dear friends and family members came over and decorated my christmas tree for me while I slept this afternoon. It was a joy to see when I woke up. Will try to take a picture when I can tomorrow. Tired again...going back to bed now.....
This has undoubtedly been one of the hardest years of my life. I can hardly wait for this year to be over. With my eye cancer earlier this year and then my dad's liver cancer and now my recent medical issue, I am definitely praying for a new healthy 2010 for me and my family.
For those of you wondering, my dad is doing well after his recent liver cancer surgery but will be starting his 6 months of chemo in the next few weeks. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.
At times like these, I keep reminding myself of one of my favorite sayings...."What Doesn't Kills Us, Makes Us Stronger!" Okay LORD, I think I am strong enough now!!!!