Friday, July 11, 2008

Ever Sit Around and Wonder?

The other day a few scrap friends of mine were wondering just what types of materials the cuttlebug and various dies would cut through. Since I was restless last night, I decided to hunt down various materials I had lying around do my own experiment to find the anwer to that question.

Here are my results : If you use the regular size (thick) Sizzix/Ellison dies it cuts through everything listed below "like butter", clean edges on all of it:

Thick chipboard 1/8"
Thin Chipboard - like shirt box thickness
Transparencies Acetate - like those clear report covers
ACRYLIC - yes, 1/8" acrylic --- no problems at all !!
Thick felt with the adhesive backing
Thin felt with NO adhesive backing
Glitter Cardstock Paper -- like Doodlebug Sugar Coated paper or DCWV Glitter stack
Craft Foam - Kids colored project foam sheets
DCWV pre-colored chipboard sheets
Mulberry Paper - I know...old hat but I had some in my stash and wanted to try it :)

Pics below of some of the thicker stuff t show you how nice and clean the cuts were.



I have various dies -- sizzix thick, sizzlets, quick kutz, cuttlebug, etc. All the thin dies could only cut things as thick as cardstock...nothing thicker than that.Here is pic of my results to prove the experiment. Gosh I feel like I am in School again doing a science project :)

This weekend I want to play with some new Glimmer mist colors I bought and the new Glimmer Screens from Tattered Angels. What have you experimented with lately?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails