Tuesday, August 7, 2012

MEET ANGELINA ...an adorable Movable Monster

There is a new Cricut Craft Room Exclusive Digital Cart called "Movable Monsters".
 As you can imagine after taking one look at these Halloween images, I was more than willing to "test drive" the Movable Monsters and create one for you all to see. There are several monsters to choose from: Skeleton, Frankenstein, Bride of Frankenstein, Witch, Cat, Scarecrow, Dracula and a Zombie.

All the monsters are made in pieces so you can add brads to make their body parts movable which is so fun. Unfortunately, the digital cart doesn't have any instructions so putting this together was a bit of trial and error but I think it turned out okay. You can cut the images at any size but I choose to make my monster a total of 4 ft tall.

So... INTRODUCING ANGELINA - She was created as a DATE for Skeleton Brad who was made by another Cricut Circle member.  
Hanging about 4 feet tall, she was cut at 12" for each section of her
skeleton body out of white poster board. I outlined her bones with a
Spectrum Noir EB1 Alcohol marker to add a little more dimension.
The bone shapes were attached to each other by using white brads.
To make her a little more Girly, I used pink glitter paper for her "insides" and accessories.
And of course, I had to bling her up a little bit too with some rhinestones since she was
going on a DATE ! Her crown and heart were made using Create A Critter.
Her purse was cut from Forever Young at 4" and highlighted with
Spectrum Noir BP6 Pink marker.
And her fab-u-lous Shoes were also cut
from Forever Young at 6". I added a little fluff to the toe
and again highlighted with Spectrum Noir BP6 marker.
And since no girl would go on a date with out getting their nails done,
I did her nails with Spectrum Noir BP6 marker.
Plus added a bracelet with some rhinestone mesh cut to fit her wrist.
Well, Angelina is ready for her date with Skeleton Brad, I hope he shows up or she
will be crushed after all the trouble she went to get dressed up for him :)
CRICUT INFO & SUPPLIES USED:
Designed by: Debbie O'Neal
Cricut Machine Used: E2
Cricut Cartridges Used: Movable Monsters Digital, Create A Critter, Forever Young
Other Supplies Used: White poster board, pink glitter cardstock, Spectrum Noir Markers,
Rhinestones, Brads, Googly Eyes, Feather Boa, Adhesives

Tip: To super-size the monster, I used the 12X24 Cricut mat and cut the posterboard to fit the mat since I didn't have any of the 12X24 paper pads on hand. I bought the poster board at a local craft store. I recommend you use either a Gypsy or Cricut Craft Room to help you fit the most images on the mat to save cutting time. To maximize your space, you will need to turn and move the images around on the mat. Just don't flip the images or they will come out backwards and be hard to fit together with the other pieces. For the pink glitter pieces, I used 12X12 standard glitter cardstock and a 12X12 mat. I did move the bones pink layer images around on the mat slightly to be able to fit the entire 12 " size.

5 comments:

Migdalia said...

This is so AWESOME!!!Super,Super Cute!!Love it!Great Job!!!TFS
Migdalia

Lilygirl said...

Super cute . I saw her on the CC board and I love her!!

Nathan said...

I love how you combined two ideas to get this unique movable monster.

Brilliant!

scootingranny said...

Nothing but totally absolutely screaming cute! Love the bling, the nails, the shoes. Just makes me smile!

Unknown said...

Super cute & creative!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails